The specialization of Tatara & Partners Restructuring & Insolvency Law Firm is to combine the issues of insolvency law and reorganization proceedings with widely understood commercial law, in particular with company law and capital market law.
- As regards insolvency law and reorganization proceedings, the offer of our Firm includes:
providing support to a debtor filing for the declaration of insolvency by liquidation of assets or with the possibility to make an arrangement, including consumer insolvency, in particular of former entrepreneurs or former members of the management boards,
- providing support to a bankrupt in the insolvency proceedings, in particular in an insolvency with the possibility to make an arrangement: preparation of the arrangement proposals along with their funding proposals, including also debt-to-equity swaps, handling the process of adopting the arrangement on the Meeting of Creditors and of approving the arrangement by the insolvency court,
- providing support to a creditor filing a petition for the declaration of insolvency of a debtor, as well as providing support to a creditor after the insolvency has been declared, such as filing claims, applying for the exemption of an asset from the insolvency estate, representing a creditor in the Creditors’ Committee,
- providing support to the other entities interested in participation in the insolvency proceedings, such as trustees, court supervisors, investors.
Our Firm’s practice covers also widely understood restructuring and optimization processes including:
- capital restructuring of legal entities and capital groups, in particular by transformation, merger, acquisition or division as defined in the Commercial Companies Code, transformation of the entrepreneurs conducting individual business activity into a company, restructuring with the use of in-kind contributions mechanisms, such as enterprise or its organized part. The optimization of the legal form in the terms of shareholders or directors and officers liability is taken into account in the restructuring process.
- debt restructuring in the form of the arrangement with the creditors in the insolvency with the possibility to make an arrangement proceedings, negotiations and adopting arrangements / private arrangements, installment arrangements with the Social Insurance Institution, the Tax Authority and other public creditors.
Law Office has offices in Warsaw and Krakow.
Filipa Eisenberga 11/1
T: +48 12 634 52 92
Bagno Street 2/69
T: +48 22 654 66 32
Karol Tatara – attorney-at-law, trustee, liquidator as well as custodian of business entities. He graduated from Jagiellonian University, where he completed School of American Law, organized by the Catholic University of America and the JU.
Karol Tatara has significant professional experience, as lawyer in law offices (including Investment Fund) and in-house lawyer. For his engagement in bankruptcy proceeding of Miraculum S.A. (publicly traded joint-stock company) he received “The best in-house lawyer” (“Najlepszy Prawnik Przedsiębiorstwa”) award in 2011, organized by “Rzeczpospolita” daily.
Attorney-at-law Karol Tatara is also Laureate of Forbes’ award “the Professionals of Forbes – Occupations of Public Trust” and award “Rising Stars. Lawyers – the Leaders of Tomorrow 2014”, organized by the “Dziennik Gazeta Prawna” daily with LexisNexis Publishing House.
Karol Tatara is a lecturer of bankruptcy law for attorney-at-law’s trainee program organized by Krakow District Chamber of Attorney’s –at-law.
Karol Tatara speaks English.
Our Law Firm has been recently mentioned in „Rzeczpospolita”’s Best Law Firms Ranking as Recommended Law Firm within the Insolvency Law field and Karol Tatara individually has been awarded Leading Individual recommendation, among others.
Please find attached our Report on simplified restructuring after Q1 2021